Home Decor Words: Confusing
- Coworker: I've shelved the comics on the veranda.
- Me: That's not a veranda; that's a credenza. A veranda is a porch.
- Coworker: Oh, I was thinking of a foyer. Like the one at the main entrance.
- Me: Actually, that's a vestibule. A foyer is a really big room - the main entrance is little. It's, like, windows and a bulletin board. It's a vestibule.
- Coworker: I thought a vestibule was a desk.
- Me: Now you're thinking of a credenza again.
- Coworker: Thanks, Martha Stewart.