Home Decor Words: Confusing
- Coworker:I've shelved the comics on the veranda.
- Me:That's not a veranda; that's a credenza. A veranda is a porch.
- Coworker:Oh, I was thinking of a foyer. Like the one at the main entrance.
- Me:Actually, that's a vestibule. A foyer is a really big room - the main entrance is little. It's, like, windows and a bulletin board. It's a vestibule.
- Coworker:I thought a vestibule was a desk.
- Me:Now you're thinking of a credenza again.
- Coworker:Thanks, Martha Stewart.
- #veranda #credenza #foyer #vestibule #furniture #to be fair they do all sound the same
- 2 years ago